Resin Typography

 2017

 Flowers, Epoxy Resin, Silicone Molds,

Silicone Spray, Flame Thrower

For this project, I had to make a set of house numbers and make them challenge, elevate, and work with their medium and environment. I decided to make the house numbers to my parent's farm in Southern California. I used flowers from around the farm and wanted to set them in resin. However, I wanted to challenge the medium(s) by doing a highly controlled, serif type. The numbers are still preserved and displayed at my family's farm. The whole process took about two weeks and the final numbers were about 3 inches thick.